Contribute to the promotion of education, training, and access to the labour market for young people in the municipality of Kinshasa, DR Congo, through the practice of sport and its inherent values.
During the pilot phase, in partnership with the school compound and Mgr. Bokekeake-Lisanga, the Fondation Badile Lubamba managed the school’s sports facilities and set up a team of coaches to increase motivation and participation in sport.
The current phase aims at expanding the school complex and attaining a consistent level of access to its education and training facilities.
Specific objectives of the current phase
- Improve infrastructure and sports equipment/facilities through the building of a football pitch adapted to local climatic conditions
- Increase local expertise for the development and promotion of sport activities
- Increase access to education and training through the practice of sport
Main planned results
- A sports centre, including a new generation artificial turf pitch enabling its use throughout the year is built and equipped.
- Sports coaches and teachers are trained in new teaching methods and are capable of both practising and teaching them.
- Sports activities (volleyball, football and basketball) are available and practised throughout the school year (and during school holidays) by both pupils and children not attending the school, thanks largely to an increase in parent awareness
- Sports activities are promoted outside school and during school holidays
- Access to education is increased
- Consistent support is provided to help access the labour market
Direct : young people (boys and girls) aged 6 to 17 in the province of Kinshasa
Indirect : sports coaches and teachers in the province of Kinshasa.
School compound: Mgr. Bokolaele – Lisanga
Congolese authorities: (Ministry of Sport, Education, Culture), Province and city of Kinshasa
Real Sport Equipment, Rossens, Suisse (donation of the artificial turf pitch)
Project duration : 2014 – 2021